1. Name a "sport" in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score, or the leader, until the contest ends.
2. Name a famous North American landmark that is constantly moving backward.
3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce, on their own, for several growing seasons. All others have to be replanted every year. What two can live to produce on their own year after year?
4. Name the only sport played in the U.S. in which the ball is always in the possession of the team on defense and the offensive team can score without touching the ball.
5. Name the fruit that has its seeds on the outside.
6. In many liquor stores one can purchase pear brandy with a real pear in the bottle.The pear is ripe and has not been cut in any way and the bottle is real. How did the pear get into the bottle?
7. Name any two of the three common English words that begin with the letters "dw".
8. There are 14 punctuation marks in the Englsih language. Name 7 of them.
9. Where are the lakes that are referred to in the name "Los Angeles Lakers"?
10. There are seven ways a baseball player may reach first base legally without getting a hit. One is to walk. Name the other six.
11. Name the one vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked or in any form other than fresh.
12. Name six or more things you can wear on your feet whose names begin with the letter "S".
2. Niagra Falls, the rim is being eroded two and a half feet a year due to the millions of gallons of water that flow over it each minute.
3. Asparagus and rhubarb
5. Strawberry (although this is a property of some other berries as well, I believe)
6. The bottle is placed over the miniature, developing pear and wired in place on the tree. The pear then grows inside the bottle and, when ripe, the stem is snipped and the bottle and pear removed to be filled with brandy.
7. Dwarf, Dwell, Dwindle.
8. Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation marks, brackets, parentheses, braces and ellipses.
9. In Minnesota. The team was the Minneapolis Lakers prior to moving to Los Angeles.
10. Besides walk, they are batter hit by pitch, passed ball, catcher interference, catcher drops third strike, fielder's choice, and entering the game as a pinch runner.
12. Shoes, sox, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, stockings, stilts.